Friday, March 04, 2005

Iron Man by Orson Scott Card

Just got home from the funnybook shop and among my prizes this week (or
left over from last week as I never got there) is the limited series,
Ultimate Iron Man written by Orson Scott Card and drawn by Andy Kubert.
I've enjoyed several of Card's SF books, "Ender's Game" and several of
the "Alvin Maker" series, so I'm looking forward to his take on a very
misunderstood character.

A little later:

I got to read the first issue last night and must admit that the concept intrigues me. As with the other Ultimate books this is an origin story and Tony Stark hasn't been born yet, so its hard to say if Card will be able to convince us with his version of the character. I can't think of any way to outline the plot without giving to much away, but I will say that Tony's dependance on technology, in this version, starts long before adulthood. I look forward to the rest of the series but, while its to early to tell, I don't know if this version will redefine Tony Stark well enough to make Iron Man a viable character.

Bruce

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again, ignore the man behind the curtain, just testing to see if I can indeed leave comments as friends report that they are having trouble doing so...

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home